- Signing sessions and lectures
- Our New Year cards
- Window Projects
- Copyright Bookshop Antwerpen
- Copyright Bookshop Ghent
Copyright Bookshop Ghent
- BOOKSHOPS OPEN ON MAY 12 *** FREE SHIPMENT WITHIN BELGIUM for orders above 20€
- 1991Kurt Ryslavy. Preview of his book ‘One Fucking Move’
- 1983First Copyright Bookshop in Ghent
- 1984Gewad,Ghent, Centre for Contemporary Art
- 1985Exhibition Patrick Van Caeckenbergh ‘A Pied d’Oeuvre’
- 1986Ghent, Jakobijnenstraat 8
- 1992Refurbishment of the Ghent Copyright Bookshop by architect Christian Kieckens
- 1986‘Architecture is …’ A Mail-Art project by Johan Van Geluwe
- 1988‘The Manipulator’ and ‘Code’
- 1989El Lissitzky: pioneer of the Russian Avant-garde
- 1988Eileen Gray and ‘l’architettura e anchè donna’
- 1992‘La Bibliothèque Imaginaire’
- 1991Exhibition ‘Il sentimento Italiano’
First Copyright Bookshop in Ghent
I, Hilde Peleman, had just graduated in History of Art when I started my own Copyright Bookshop. That was back in 1983.
The previous year I had worked as the manager of a bookshop of that same name, founded two years earlier and run by artist Jan Vercruysse. The opening for me came when Vercruysse decided to make art a full-time career. In 1983 I took over.
I immediately started a new section of architecture books and added a selection of art-historical classics to what used to be our core business at the time: minimal and conceptual art.
The photographs of this period were all made by Bart De Baere, now director of the Muhka Museum of Contemorary Art in Antwerp. Back in 1985 he was an art history student.