- Signing sessions and lectures
- Our New Year cards
- Window Projects
- Copyright Bookshop Antwerpen
- Copyright Bookshop Ghent
Our New Year cards
- 1985Our New Year cards
- 1992New Year’s card 1992. Homage to Piero della Francesca
- 1993New Year’s card 1993: Jan, Johan and Hilde
- 1994New Year’s card 1994. Homage to Ingres and Man Ray
- 1995New Year’s card 1995. Homage to Nefertiti
- 1996News Year’s card 1996. Homage to the Madonna della Misericordia
- 1997New Year’s card 1997: homage to Botticelli and Rineke Dijkstra
- 1998New Year’s card 1998. Homage to Alfred Stevens
- 1999New Year’s card 1999. 119991119199. Homage to Richard Avedon
- 2000New Year’s card 2000. Homage to Tina Modotti
- 2003New Year’s card 2003. Homage to Tiziano and Tintoretto
- 2004New Year’s card 2004. ‘Ich bin ein Buch wenn Du mich liesst’
- 2005New Year’s card 2005. ‘Learned to write the pain of loss in sand’
New Year’s card 1994. Homage to Ingres and Man Ray
Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres is one of my favourite artists, partly because of his pure use of lines in his paintings and drawings and the unmistakable sensuality they exude.
Photographer Man Ray’s interpretation of Ingres makes ‘Le Violon d’Ingres’ a real icon and Ivan Adriaens and I couldn’t resist doing something with it.
We did everything ourselves (as with all the postcards we have made together). I had cut the F key on my back out of self-adhesive black foil.
Secret: the photograph was taken among the washing lines in the ‘laundry room’ on the third floor at Copyright. The cloth in front of me was held up with clothes pegs. The result was not perfect: you can see a part of the cool-box I was sitting on! (Nowadays of course you would just eliminate that with Photoshop.)