- An extensive textile dictionary that covers all essential fabric knowledge from different types of textile, fabric materials to finishing options.
- Textilepedia covers Fibers, Yarn, Weave, Knits, Lace & Netting, Non-woven & Felting, Hides, Finishings, Patterns & Colors.
- Make difficult-to-digest textile information easy to understand and apply.
- Practical and highly visual, suitable for all people in the fashion industry.
- TEXTILEPEDIA helps to provide answers for your fabric selection:
- Light or heavyweight?
- Rough or soft texture?
- Breathable or not?
- Easy to drape?
The book is here to answer all those questions – and then some.
- Why do fabrics have different widths?
- What makes a fiber or fabric elastic?
- Which fabrics are best for printing?
- Are all-natural fibers sustainable?
Packed with need-to-know information about textiles, Textilepedia is a benefit to an array of levels and roles within the fashion industry.
Textilepedia: The Complete Fabric Guide
Textilepedia is an extensive textile dictionary that covers all essential fabric knowledge – from deciphering different types of materials to understanding your finishing options. A balance between text and imagery; it acts as a quick easy-to-navigate guide – simplifying complicated fabric and fiber information using comparisons and relatable stories.