Studio BPR and Milano: Milanese Architecture Itineraries
Paolo Brambilla, Stefano Guidarini, Luca Molinari
Fondazione OAMi, 2018
out of stock
BBPR Studio was founded in Milan in 1932 by Gian Luigi Banfi, Lodovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso, Enrico Peressutti, and Ernesto Nathan Rogers. The architecture studio was one of the first and most significant examples of an artistic and cultural partnership based on team work. This form of working in agreement proved an essential cultural intuition that carried them beyond the craft dimension of a professional studio towards a conception of the architect’s work based on collegial contribution as a methodological principle. It allowed them to take on increasingly vast, diverse realms, from interior design to landscape design. The engagement of the studio’s individual members on many cultural fronts – participation in CIAM and the Movimento di Studi per l’Architettura (MSA), university teaching in Milan and Venice, work with the “Trienniali” starting in 1933, and the editing of “Domus” and “Casabella-Continuità” by Rogers – made it a true workshop of modernity in the 1950s and 1960s. It became a bridge to the international arena for the spread of Italian design culture.